Tuesday 17 May 2011

Designer Sale

I got invited to go to a garage sale a few months ago and my first thought was - I hate garage sales!
My friend kept insisting I  go and told me that this wasn't a normal drive by a house garage sale, this was a designer sale!

The story: It's basically a wealthy couple that does this every year for charity.  

Ding Ding Ding!!!

So naturally I got super excited and woke up at 5 AM to wait in line with about 50 other people.

What she didn't tell me, or more like warn me, was that people push, shove, run and grab grab grab until there's nothing left on the racks. So obviously, me being "inexperienced" in these sort of things, just stood there like an idiot looking at everyone in shock because they were almost fighting each other to get their hands on everything!!!

The designer bags thankfully were auctioned
(Louis Vuitton, Gucci & Prada- Oh My!)

Needless to say I ended up with a beautiful cashmere sweater, some boyfriend goodies and I almost got my hands on a new MacBook Pro... Almost :(
Is it socially acceptable to wear a sweater (this sweater) every day and night for the rest of my life?  It's absolutely wonderful and so comfortable.
I'm only kidding... although a girl could dream ;)
 Bottom line. This time next year I will definitely come prepared to fight back. Gotta start training. Haha.
Xo

No comments: